Close up shots from fb

 


Sometimes (plugged-in person that I am) I lay my iPhone down in the hinge of my laptop. Sometimes, picture takin' fool that I am, the phone is still in photo mode.

Once, just once, the scene behind it looked kinda cool and I moved my camera phone (move over Dick Tracy) around the screen until it settled on the tiny 50 pixel by 50 pixel profile pics that accompanied people's Facebook updates. The faces looked amazing. Spectral. Abstract. Special.

I shot one and then more and then, in no time at all, a hundred of them. They were so beautiful. (I only shot profile pics where there was one or more actual face.)

So . . . here they are in all their colorful, muted, gauzy glory. I might shoot every one of my fb friends. Or maybe this is it. Maybe it's done. An accidental concept, quickly executed and completed. A fast and whole art project. Thoughts?

(click on any picture to see it bigger.)















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proximity & Distance